At Henstrom Generator, our expert technicians disassemble the entire alternator down to each component part. Some parts are repaired while others are replaced new – this enables us to deliver on our quality guarantee.
- Housings are sandblasted inside and out to make them clean and to ensure a proper fit and good connections for maximum flow
- Stators are cleaned and tested to verify correct insulation; we replace with new when necessary
- Alternator rotor and slip rings are cleaned and machined; we replace with new when necessary
- Bearings are 100% new
- Brushes and springs are 100% new to ensure long life
- Rectifiers are cleaned and tested for leakage and weaknesses and are repaired or replaced new
- Regulators are tested for correct voltage and often replaced with new OEM.
Each unit is fully load tested on our load simulator to verify good charging. If we replace the alternator on your vehicle, it is tested both off and on the vehicle to ensure that no other electrical abnormalities exist.
If you have a special unit (chrome, antique, etc), we are happy to take a look and give you the help you need. Please use our contact page for specialty unit questions.